Essay Topic: Public Service
Choose one of the following prompts:
- What has inspired you to pursue a career in public service? What steps have you taken to accomplish this goal? How might you take steps toward this career path during your time in college?
- Can you imagine any challenges associated with being a public servant in Washington state? How is Washington unique in this way?
Applicant must fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
- Recipient must be attending a higher education institution in the fall of 2017.
- Undergradute student
- Must be a Washington resident
- Attending or plan to attend a college or university in Washington
- Proof of acceptance or admission to a college, university, or other higher education institution.
- Typed essay
- 500 – 750 words
- Preferably saved as Microsoft Word document
- Completed scholarship application.
We will notify the recipient by April 25th, 2017. The recipient of the Willis & Toews Scholarship will receive a $1,000 check.
The award money is to be used exclusively for school tuition and related expenses. A check for $1,000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s college, university, or trade school to cover these expenses and he or she is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
The winning essay will be published live on our website.
The deadline to apply for this scholarship is April 1st, 2017.
Please fill out the following application, and attach your essay response.